The day has come. I have finally made my FHM 100 SEXIEST 2011 aka the July 2011 issue (with no less than Eula Valdez on the cover) purchase. The story of how I ended up buying this issue only a couple of hours back is rather complicated and boring. And I strategically planned not to buy the June issue just to catch the early release o this issue, but fuck plans. As the FHM Sexiest season comes to a close, I would like to call this entry my last ‘hurrah!’ for the year of sexy that was 2011.
July 2011 ISSUE
My, oh my. It’s THE Eula Valdez on the golden cover of FHM. She and the dripping water on the background. She and her leather boots. She and her breasts, defying the laws of nature.
Having Ms. Valdez on the cover for the FHM’s sexiest (and biggest) month is a wise move. Fans will surely buy the magazine with delight while cynics will be left with no choice but buy, then become a fan.
Is it just me, or is there an unconscious urge to compare the July 2011 Eula to the May 2006 Eula. I’m talking about her photo shoots, eh. Of course, signs of her aging are quite visible (let’s admit it). But 5 years is 5 years. And she has aged gracefully. Some shots are just, WOW! While others seem to be lacking something (OR maybe these photos were overdone), everything’s still beautiful, though. I think both Eula’s FHM pictorial were amazing.
As or this month’s featured girls, all their pictorial were wonderful. Linda Persson’s looked like it was done for Rouge (sorry, FHM. Their photos are classier and artsy-fartsy-er). Nathalie Bee looked fantastic. Everything’s fine with a girl of intelligence and beauty. Jed Montero looked like the love-child of Gaby dela Merced and Jef Gaitan should they decide to hook up and defy science. If she always looked like that, then forgive me. I’m not into volleyball and Willie Revillame. She and her photo shoot were beautiful, though.
The articles, I haven’t read thoroughly. Although the one about female imperfections was a good one. The driver’s guide was relevant, though not everyone (including me) can relate to it. And the illustrations on the course about rescuing are way too cute.
It’s a nice issue, overall. Hot cover girl, nice set of photos for all the girls, informative articles, thick issue. You get your money’s worth.
FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2011
Oh yes, the sexiest list on the land. After two and a half months of voting and after over 30 million votes cast, FHM presents the 100 sexiest women in the land as seen on the supplementary booklet covered by Korean model, Jinri Park.
Ok, FHM, the layout was tacky. Some photos are smaller beyond belief and a lot of photos were used over and over. We understand that the turn-out was overwhelming and all and producing this booklet is no easy job. Make the booklet better next year. You are still everyone’s favorite.
Allow me to comment on some girls. May be it about their photo, their rank, or just simply about them.
(My predictions were right!)
100. Mercedes Cabral – You should’ve, at least, squeezed her photo together with the others. Nakakapanibago.
99. Jem Milton
98. Gwyenth Ceridwen
97. Mocha Uson
96. Nadine Samonte
95. Ryza Cenon – she needs an FHM cover to boost her lukewarm career.
94. Chariz Solomon – her brand of comedy is too slapstick-y. I like Sheena Halili’s better.
93. Maui Taylor
92. Jamilla Obispo
91. Alex Gonzaga – the funnier and prettier Gonzaga
90. Kylie Padilla
89. Kitty Girls
88. Alodia Gosiengfiao
87. Saicy Aguila
86. Rufa Mae Quinto
85. Jessie Mendiola – a better photo of her should’ve been used.
84. Jen Rosendahl
83. EB Babes – TIP: dissolve these girls on the list, give EB Babe Saida a solo feature, the world will become better.
81. Maegan Young – one of the prettiest
80. Sheena Halili
79. Jinri Park
78. Maria Ozawa – everybody understands the Maria Ozawa adoration. But I guess this pot should belong to girls other than Maria.
77. Bela Padilla
76. Alyssa Alano
75. Abby Poblador
74. Alessandra De Rossi – LARGER PHOTO PLEASE
73. Paw Diaz
72. Julia Clarete
71. RR Enriquez
70. Aze Sasaki – I don’t know why I ended up Googling Ase Sasaki during the past few days. Oh, I wanted to know how she looks apart from her FHM photos.
69. Isabelle Daza
68. Jahziel Manabat
67. Andi Eigenmann
66. Rachel Ann Go
65. Jennica Garcia
64. Maureen Larrazabal
63. Regine Velasquez – this year’s worst dropper. (Dropping from the 8th spot last year)
62. Stef Prescott
61. Shaina Magdayao
60. LJ Reyes – her photo looks the smallest. ugh. I guess her full-page photo last year made up for this.
59. Paulene So
57. Jean Garcia
56. Rachel Donaire – heartbreakingly small photo.
55. Megan Fox
54. Jacq Yu
53. Wendy Valdez – heartbreakingly small photo.
51. Niña Jose
50. Carla Abellana – posing for FHM won’t hurt her goody-two-shoes image. She started out as a mature actress plus people would love her more should she decide to do us an FHM cover.
49. Kristel Moreno
48. Jef Gaitan
47. Janna Dominguez
46. Eula Valdez
45. Iza Calzado
44. Daiana Menezes
43. Georgina Wilson -FHM material. Beauty, brains and body. And yes, you should’ve used a better photo. (The photo above should be the one)
42. Gwen Zamora – Beautiful but surprising rank, still.
41. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley
40. Pauleen Luna – She should pose now. Remember that awful photo of hers on the 2009 booklet (Check that photo above) and how it was strategically placed next to Bangs Garcia’s magnificent May 2009 outtake. We know she could show more, she just have to do it while she’s still relevant.
39. Rich Asuncion
38. Erich Gonzales
37. Sarah Geronimo
36. Maja Salvador
35. Bea Alonzo
34. Aubrey Miles
33. Carla Humphries
32. Misa Campo – HIGHER!!
31. KC Concepcion
30. Ornusa Cadness – one of them real models. Beautiful, exotic and mysterious. I Google her to find out how she really looks like.
29. Toni Gonzaga
28. Priscilla Meirelles – highest climber despite a not so flattering photo shoot for the August 2010 issue. (last year’s number 96)
27. Kris Bernal – yes, Kris Bernal fans, too high. Fandom – 1 : Better Judgment – 0
26. Mariel Rodriguez
25. Michelle Madrigal < Ehra. hehehe.
24. Heart Evangelista
23. Diana Zubiri – Oh, the intriguing photoshopped Diana Zubiri photo. We were fooled. Or FHM should be more careful.
22. Kim Chiu
21. Bianca King
20. Rhian Ramos – I thought she would be gracing FHM based on the write-up for her last year. Everybody’s looking forward to that day.
19. Regine Angeles
18. Bianca Manalo
17. Anne Curtis – Again, she failed to re-enter the top 10 this year despite the hefty amount of exposure’s she’s getting. Could it be that people are getting tired of waiting for her?
16. Iya Villania – I still don’t get it, she said yes to a liquor calendar, but not FHM.
15. Lovi Poe – another lady taking her time before she says yes to FHM. You can ogle her anywhere other than FHM: billboards, movies and other magazines but not FHM. Well, not yet.
14. Valerie Concepcion
13. Angelica Panganiban
12. Ehra Madrigal – the casualty of my prediction. I still root for her, though. Lose weight and go back to shape, then we’ll see her 2012.
11. Bangs Garcia
10. Ellen Adarna – Virtually unknown before her GMA stint, NOT REALLY. 2010 Cover of the Year as voted by the same people (including me) who placed her on this year’s top 10.
9. Jackie Rice – Her FHM debut is still one of the best and most successful. Her sun-kissed Boracay photos saved her from the cusp of being a forgotten pretty face.
8. Iwa Moto – The heir-apparent to Katrina Halili when everything seems to go down for the then prime contravida. Her piercing eyes have it but her palengkera quips and bad acting were oftentimes off. As of late, she’s been dragged by her whirlwind affairs. Hopefully she picks up. And hopefully, she would look ‘healthy’ the next time she decides to grace the cover again.
7. Jennylyn Mercado – Her FHM standing is somehow a reflection to her career. She entered the list in 2004 on the 9th spot, then she dropped a spot the following year. Her career skyrocketed on 2006 as she peaked at number 6 on the list, she kept her strong hold on the top 10 when she nailed the 8th spot the following year. Everything went downhill after her unexpected pregnancy, she then dropped to the 14th spot and reaching her all-time low in 2009 when she ranked 17th. Her career started to pick up last year and now she’s back to the top crust, a place where someone as strong as Jennylyn belongs.
6. Katrina Halili – The only woman who made her mark by being synonymous to FHM. She holds the record of being the back to back Philippines’ finest. When everybody thought she’s bound to just be forgotten, FHM rallied behind her and consistently place her among the top babes of the land.
5. Solenn Heussaff – Although I’ve said that I’m good as long as either Sam or Solenn tops this list. I lied, it was Solenn I was looking forward to see on top. But Sam’s fine. Maybe Solenn is just too busy being her multi-faceted self that she didn’t find too much time campaigning. That, or maybe Solenn just couldn’t care too much about her rank. She’s too busy being 2011’s breakout star. Or put it this way, Solenn knows what she’s got that she needs no verification from her fans just to prove her greatness. Solenn, herself is one, if not the finest, specimen of a woman.
4. Cristine Reyes – She’s a dream. She’s unreachable. Despite all her ‘regular human being’ characters on her shows, there’s a glow that sets her apart from the others. Some people may call her catty or bitchy on some instances, very human of her. Very imperfect of her. Very normal but immaculate, still.
3. Angel Locsin – It’s hard to imagine Angel going down. It’s hard to picture her forgotten by many. She has been a household fixture for only God knows how long and she looks like she’s here to stay. It’s hard to imagine primetime TV without that Angel Locsin who started it all. Not even weight issues can bring her down.
2. Marian Rivera – It’s actually a love-hate thing with Marian. I’m either turned off by her brashness or totally impressed by her honesty. It takes a lot of composure and a strong support group for a person to come out unscathed by all that negative press. That’s enough for her to gain respect.
1. Sam Pinto – THE QUEEN. This year’s sexiest. I voted for her not because she told me so, I voted for her because she’s beautiful. If some of you are not convinced by her, then watch her TVCs then be converted. All the possibilities are in Sam’s favor from now on. She knocked on stardom’s door, and we happily opened it for her. All I could see for Sam now are nothing but possibilities bigger than big.
images used are property of FHM.com.ph